Finding the best Medigap plan can be difficult. That’s why others will just stick to their existing plan and don’t bother looking for other plan options especially those in their 70’s.
One of the main reasons is that they don’t want to go through this whole process over and over again. It is somehow important to shop around plans on a yearly basis in order to see any rate increases by keeping yourself update with any changes.
Plan N is one of the most popular plans. It fully covers the deductible for Part A and requires a small copay of up to 20% for office visits and up to 50% for emergency room which don't lead to inpatient admission.
Some people would love plan N for some reasons. Plan N benefits are the same with other plans like plan F however it’s much less expensive.
Plan N covers these benefits:
- (Hospitalization) Part A coinsurance and a coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end and Medicare Part A deductible
- (Medical Expenses)Part B coinsurance, except doctor visits and ER copays and 20% of Medicare-approved expenses or copayments for hospital outpatient services.
- (Hospice care)Part A coinsurance
- First 3 pints of blood yearly. Original Medicare pays anything beyond
- Skilled nursing facility care